Amrita Rajpal
Amrita Rajpal
Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny
Grace Warner
Grace Warner

New StuCo is in

Student council election results and community rep elections
Hope Wong
wo posters for candidates who ran for operations officer and vice president, from left to right. Junior Peyton Spaht was one of the candidates for the run-off for operations officer.

Since last week, students have been voting on who they think would be best fit for the  student council committee for next year. Speeches were given last Wednesday for executive committee roles, which include the president, vice president, financial officer, and operations officer.

The overall summary of the student council roles is to make decisions on things like school-wide events and develop and plan the overall ideas for them. Student council members should also try their best to take in feedback and be open to the rest of the students’ requests, according to freshman Addie Sanford.

“I think the student council’s jobs are just to try to make better changes to our school as well as plan activities for us,” Sanford said. “They make decisions based on the needs of the students so that everyone is pretty much satisfied,”

The ballot for the executive committee was released on the morning of last Friday for students to choose who they thought was best, and it closed by 3:15 p.m. of the same day. Election results and notices for run-off votes were released through email yesterday.

“I’m not planning to run for any representative roles for this year,” sophomore Sterling Loretto said. “But I would probably like to run for one of the executive positions next year when I’m a junior,”

The run-off vote for the Convent division  was between two candidates for operations officer. Students were sent another ballot to vote between juniors Peyton Spaht and Joelle Lai, and the, and ballot was closed by the end of the school day on Monday on Monday.

After voting for the executive committee, an additional email was sent out to students from all grades about community representative roles. The roles of community representatives are class representative, arts representative, athletics representative, equity and inclusion representative, campus ministry representative, and spirit representative. Speeches for the representatives are due by the end of the day the day today.

“I’m going to try running for class representative,” Sanford said. “It’s been going well, I’ve got maybe some ideas for a poster. But I think it was kind of stressful writing my speech because we weren’t given that much time to finish it.”