Shirt sale funds upcoming championship basketball game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Body Publicity Director Victoria Oysterman and Student Body Secretary Nora Hanak sell a shirt to senior Sarah McCarthy. The shirts raise awareness for the upcoming Stuart Hall High School varsity basketball game tomorrow night.

Claire Devereux

Claire Devereux

Claire Devereux

Claire Devereux, Reporter

Student Body council displayed t-shirts featuring a knight dribbling a basketball and “The Hall” written on the side of the shirt during a sale to support of Stuart Hall’s varsity basketball game during lunch.

“It’s always fun when you go to these things and there is a cohesive look for everyone, it’s school spirit,” Student Body Publicity Victoria Ostermann said.

Communications Director Duncan McDonell designed the shirts to raise awareness about the varsity basketball team, who are competing in the North Coast Section championships tomorrow night against Upper Lake High School.  

The team will advance to a game against either Cloverdale High School or Redwood Christian High School this Saturday if they win.

“It’s to boost up some school spirit, and we’re trying to make this a big event,” Student Body Secretary Nora Hanak said.

The shirts cost $10 and will be on sale again during lunch in the second floor gallery tomorrow. The game will take place at the Kezar Pavilion at 5 p.m.

“They’re very original, they’re not the typical sports shirts that either school had before, that’s what I like about the design. It’s very cool and fresh and representative of the school,” junior Gia Monachino said