Elsie Scott
Elsie Scott
City Life Editor
Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny
Sports Editor
Sophia Cuperstein
Sophia Cuperstein
Social Media Editor

A Renaissance in our backyard

Beyoncé’s Renaissance Tour visits Santa Clara
Wikimedia Commons
Beyoncé performs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in June. She is accompanied by backup dancers and vocalists, along with a videographer.

The Rhythm & Blues pop artist, Beyoncé was recently hosted by Santa Clara at Levi’s Stadium on Aug. 30. The show generated a crowd of around 50,000 people, with immense anticipation since the release of ‘Renaissance’ in July of 2022. 

Santa Clara recently hosted Taylor Swift and will soon have Ed Sheeran perform at Levi’s Stadium as well, according to, Beyoncé’s tour, much like Taylor Swift’s, The Eras Tour, has been statistically shown to have significant impacts on the city’s economy, as both tours can potentially each gross $1 billion in revenue, according to Billboard Charts.

“I know a lot of people that were able to go, and from the pictures I’ve seen, the show is an unforgettable night,” sophomore Francesca Lauterbach said. “It’s incredible and so inspiring that these female artists are able to put on such amazing performances and draw so many people to the shows,”

Beyoncé, prior to her Santa Clara show, had written on instagram for fans to wear “silver fashions to the shows” to celebrate the artist’s upcoming Virgo birthday. This caused a spike in sales for silver merchandise on stores online such as Etsy, according to Beyoncé Online.

“The impact that one social media statement had on online businesses is so crazy,” sophomore Lillian McConathy said. “It’s very interesting to see how celebrities impact people’s daily lives and the economy as a whole,”

The Renaissance Tour’s show length per night varies from two hours and thirty minutes to three hours, depending on the curfew of the location, according to Municode Library . On weeknights, Santa Clara has a 10pm curfew, but as an exception, allowed Beyoncé an hour extension. Despite this, the show ended much later than 11pm.

“The Renaissance Tour sounded like such a fun time and Beyoncé’s music is so good,” Lauterbach said. “It’s definitely a huge event for Santa Clara and I hope she tours around the Bay Area again and I would love to attend,”

The Renaissance Tour is set to end in October, with over 40 dates and locations in Europe, Canada, and America. The tour has been monumental and historic, and will continue to grow in popularity as it comes to an end this year, according to junior Jessica Kramer.