Club sells In-N-Out Burger to raise money

Laura Mogannam

Junior Ariana Davidis buys a cheeseburger from the In-N-Out Burger sell put on by the Hearts and Hands Club. The club plans to donate the money raised to The ME to WE Foundation.

Laura Mogannam, Reporter

WEB EXCLUSIVE

A student service club hosted an In-N-Out Burger sale during lunch today as a fundraiser for the ME to WE foundation.

The fundraiser was organized by the Hearts and Hands Club, which aims to fundraise and volunteer for organizations that the members are interested in helping, according to club head Erika Wong.

“We wanted to do something different from a bake sale because that has been done so many times and everyone loves burger.”

“Recently, we went to the Ronald McDonald House and cooked and served dinner for families who had children in the hospital and didn’t have time to make their own dinner, which was really fun,” Wong said.

The club plans to donate the proceeds from the burgers to the ME to WE Foundation, according to Wong. The ME to WE Foundation desires to inspire people to make an impact on the world. Many clubs do bake sales to raise money, but the Hearts and Hands Club decided to mix things up.

“We wanted to do something different from a bake sale because that has been done so many times and everyone loves burgers,” Wong said.

“I like In-N-Out,” sophomore Amelia Estes said, “and you’re also donating to a good cause.”

There is only one In-N-Out Burger location in San Francisco, so many students and faculty members do not eat there often.

“I don’t have a lot of access to In-N-Out in my everyday life,” math teacher Jordan Lewis said, “so I take it where I can get it.”