Service club fundraises with hot chocolate sale

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomores prepare to sell hot chocolate during lunch in the Gallery. The sale raised money for the Service to the Homeless club, who will buy Christmas presents for some of San Francisco's homeless.

Emma Hubbard

Emma Hubbard

Emma Hubbard

Emma Hubbard and Caroline Schulberg

Sophomores Kelly Chan, Madeline Furey Peters and Sydney Marquez organized a hot chocolate sale in the Gallery today during lunch.

The sophomores sold the hot chocolate to raise money for the Service to the Homeless Club. The sale’s proceeds will purchase mittens, blankets, and socks to be given out to the homeless during the holiday season.

“I want to give back to the community and help those who are less fortunate than me,” club member Kelly Chan Said.

The club will continue to sell hot chocolate on Wednesday  mornings in the Main Hall and at lunch in the Gallery, until Dec.16.

“We’ve already made over $50 in just a few days of selling the hot chocolate,” club member Sydney Marquez said.

Their goal is to make $200 by the end of the sale, according to Furey Peters.

“It’s important to affect change in our community,” Kelly Chan said.