Elsie Scott
Elsie Scott
City Life Editor
Coco Stenzler
Coco Stenzler
Heidi Yeung
Heidi Yeung
Copy Editor

Former CEO speaks at CSH

Former Paramount Motion Pictures CEO Sherry Lancing spoke to the senior Women’s Studies and the Freshman Class in the Mother Williams Library on March 17 about her experiences as the first female producer in Hollywood.
“She had really good advice about dreams, doing what you want, and following your instincts,” freshman Natalie Helms said.
Lansing began working at Paramount in the 1980s and became well-known for producing iconic films like “Titanic” and “Forest Gump.”
In 2007, Lansing received the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Academy Award for her achievements in the film industry and her support for cancer research. Lansing has received numerous individual awards and nominations for her her production work.
“I loved hearing her talk about her experiences, but it was also really exciting to hear about all the famous actors she has worked with,” senior Farah Fouladi said. “I freaked out just a little when she started talking about Leo [actor Leonardo Di Caprio].”
The event was organized by Women’s Studies teacher Sunnie Evers and students, who have been studying the role of women in society in class.
Lansing also spoke about the challenges of balancing a busy career with a husband and children, as well as the difficulties she had breaking into the film industry as a young girl.
“It also made me hopeful to see a successful woman who could also have a happy home life,” Helms said.

Rebecca Siegel
Reporter

Former Paramount Motion Pictures CEO Sherry Lansing spoke to the senior Women’s Studies and the Freshman Class in the Mother Williams Library on March 17 about her experiences as the first female producer in Hollywood.