Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny
Grace Warner
Grace Warner
Heidi Yeung
Heidi Yeung
Copy Editor

BottleRock on the horizon

Napa Valley’s BottleRock is approaching
BottleRock+JamCellars+stage+set+up+for+performance+in+2022.+This+year%2C+the+festival+will+be+headlined+by+Ed+Sheeran%2C+Pearl+Jam%2C+and+Stevie+Nicks.+
Charlotte Morris
BottleRock JamCellars stage set up for performance in 2022. This year, the festival will be headlined by Ed Sheeran, Pearl Jam, and Stevie Nicks.

This weekend, Napa Valley will be hosting one of the Bay Area’s biggest music festivals, BottleRock. BottleRock is known for being one of California’s biggest events, and he festival occurs every Memorial Day weekend, spanning over three days. 

BottleRock announced the lineup for the festival on Instagram in January. The headlining artists include Stevie Nicks, Pearl Jam, and Ed Sheeran, as well as other well-known artists such as Kali Uchis, Megan Thee Stallion, and Dominic Fike.

“I cannot wait to go to the festival this weekend,” sophomore Mallory Parent said. “The lineup is so good this year and there are so many different kinds of artists,” 

The festival’s tickets are almost completely sold out, with only the Friday general admission tickets left. On average, single-day general admission tickets are $250, and 3-day general admission tickets are about $400. 

The festival doors open at 11:30 in the morning, and the last act ends at around 10:00 p.m. according to BottleRock. There are about 30 acts who perform on different stages throughout each day. About 100,000 people attend the festival annually, with an estimated 120,000 attendees this year. 

“It’s really cool that there are so many festivals in the Bay Area, even the less popular ones,” sophomore Franchesqa Landicho said. “I think that it’s nice that there are big music festivals, like Outside Lands, and smaller ones like BottleRock,” 

The BottleRock festival is not only known for its music but for its food and drink selection. The festival, being in California’s wine country, is extremely popular for its import of local food and wines from the area, according to Visit Napa Valley

In previous years, BottleRock has had many other star-studded lineups and acts. Last year, Post Malone and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers headlined, and just a year before that, the festival was headlined by Metallica and P!nk. 

“I am super excited to see the shows, and eat the food,” Parent said. “It will be my first time going to the festival and I hope it will not be the last.”