Amrita Rajpal
Amrita Rajpal
Web Editor
Grace Warner
Grace Warner
Social Media Editor
Annabel Roubinowitz
Annabel Roubinowitz
Managing Editor

GUTS begins

Olivia Rodrigo’s international tour kicks off
Wikimedia Commons
Olivia Rodrigo performs her hit song “Vampire.” She has previously toured in 2022 for her debut album Sour.

Last month, pop singer-songwriter Olivia Rodrigo’s Guts World Tour commenced.  This tour is in support of her second studio album, titled “GUTS”. She will be performing in arenas across North America and Europe throughout 2024.

“Olivia Rodrigo has quickly become one of the most exciting and mainstream female artists in the music industry,” sophomore Charlotte Gesell said. “Her music is so catchy and fun to listen to – it’s hard not to be a fan,”

In her tour, she will also be supported by a number of artists as opening acts. These supporting acts include Chappell Roan, PinkPantheress, and Remi Wolf, according to Rodrigo’s Instagram post.

“I think it’s nice that smaller artists are able to tour with such popular artists like Olivia– it’s a great way for talented musicians to perform for a wider audience,” sophomore Piper Leffert said. “I’ve been a fan of Chappell Roan for a while, and have recently started seeing more people recognizing her music on social media, even after just a few days of touring,”

Rodrigo’s setlist so far has been composed of songs from both her debut album Sour and her second album GUTS. The production lasts approximately an hour, with various outfit changes and background graphics onstage, according to Leffert.

“The tour has only just started and I have seen so many videos online about her show, talking about the vocals, outfits, and overall excitement that comes with being at the GUTS tour,” Leffert said. “It’s such an exciting and fun event for all ages,”

Rodrigo will perform in the Bay Area in August, with two shows scheduled at Chase Center in San Francisco. She has 77 scheduled concerts so far this year, with more international dates likely to be announced.

“I’m glad that San Francisco is such a prominent city that all the best artists will stop in the Bay Area for their tours,” Gesell said. “It’s overall super fun to always have concerts and events happening all around the city.”