Sophia Cuperstein
Sophia Cuperstein
Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny

Christmas comes to Convent

Newly decorated Flood Mansion creates holiday spirit
Elsie Scott
The flood building, which is the main location of Christmas on Broadway, is fully decorated with festive and colorful Christmas decorations. Decorations are placed during Thanksgiving break.

This Saturday on Dec 2, Convent and Stuart Hall will be hosting Christmas on Broadway with the Parents Association. The newly decorated Flood Mansion accompanies this event with its Christmas decorations

“I think the decorations are really pretty and add a nice holiday vibe to the school, said sophomore Abby Chacon-Lara. “Especially when I walk into the Flood, I immediately get excited for Christmas”. 

After returning from Thanksgiving break, students are welcomed with Christmas decorations. These colorful trees, wreaths and garlands beautifully garnish the Flood Mansion as winter holidays approach, according to freshman Trinity Joa.

I think that the Christmas decorations make Convent feel more festive and warm during the holidays,” Joa said. “I am so amazed by how Convent is able to up these grand decorations each year.” 

In addition to Christmas decorations, Convent and Stuart Hall’s own Parent’s Association will be hosting Christmas on Broadway, which takes place annually on the Broadway campus, according to sophomore Adania Cooper. 

“I have attended Convent since kindergarten and Christmas on Broadway was an event that I had always been looking forward to as a kid,” Cooper said. “I really enjoyed spending time doing all of the fun Christmas activities with my friends”.

Located in the Flood Mansion, Christmas on Broadway includes many events for families and students of all ages. The Parents Association will host events such as the Merry Marketplace Boutique, family activities, pictures with Santa and a gingerbread house workshop, according to C&SH.

Among many school traditions, Christmas on Broadway is just one way that Convent and Stuart Hall can create a sense of warmth and togetherness as a community. It is also a great way for families to spend time together and enjoy getting ready for the holidays, according to Cooper.

“I volunteered for Christmas on Broadway last year and everyone seemed so cheerful, ” Chacon -Lara said. “The families all came together with happiness and seemed to love all of the activities”.