Heidi Yeung
Heidi Yeung
Copy Editor
Sophia Cuperstein
Sophia Cuperstein

A Swift takeover

The Eras Tour visits Latin America
Taylor+Swift+performed+her+%E2%80%98folklore%E2%80%99+set+in+Arlington%2C+Texas+on+April+2nd%2C+2023.+Swift%E2%80%99s+next+stop+on+her+Latin+American+Tour+is+in+Buenos+Aires%2C+Argentina.+
Ronald Roan
Taylor Swift performed her ‘folklore’ set in Arlington, Texas on April 2nd, 2023. Swift’s next stop on her Latin American Tour is in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Taylor Swift’s record breaking Eras Tour has just finished up its first United States leg, with another one announced for 2024. Swift most recently finished her four sold out shows in Foro Sol, Mexico City. 

In The United States, Swift sold out 53 shows in cities such as Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, and Los Angeles. According to Billboard Charts, Taylor Swift generates an average 11.4 million dollars per show, including all the expenses from merchandise and ticket sales. 

“I think it’s wild that she is making that much money per show,” said sophomore Piper Leffert. “Even after all of the expenses she has to pay to make the show go on with the sets, costumes, and backgrounds, she is still able to make that much from all the dedicated fans,”

Swift just completed her first 4 shows in Mexico City at Foro Sol and is headed to Argentina and Brazil next to commemorate her first time touring in Latin America.

Swift is joined by Sabrina Carpenter — a young pop artist known for her extremely popular album ‘emails i can’t send.’ Carpenter has a 30 minute set before Swift goes on at 8:00 p.m.

Swift’s shows have been beloved by all around the world with people staying up until the crack of dawn to hear the “surprise songs” she would play, according to sophomore Claire Li. Swift also has made announcements mid-show for her re-recorded albums, called Taylor’s Versions, according to Swift’s instagram account

“My show was one of the last shows on her tour in Santa Clara,” said Li. “Due to this, I was following all of the shows before, so that I knew what to expect when it came time for the show I was going to,” 

According to the Chamber of Commerce, Swift’s show left over 1 billion pesos to the Mexican Economy because of the surge of tourism and visitors. With her tours all around the world to come, and an album set to be released, we can expect a lot from Taylor Swift in the upcoming year, according to Leffert.

“I am so excited to see what she does with the rest of her tour,” Leffert said. “She has so much coming and I’m sure it will excite all.”