Music in the bay

Re:SET festival to Bay Area

Charlotte Morris

Concert headliners include Steve Lacy, boygenius, and LCD Soundsystem. Other notable concerts in the Bay Area include Bottlerock and Outside Lands.

Charlotte Morris, Reporter

The San Francisco Bay Area is known for its variety of annual music festivals such as Bottlerock Napa Valley and Outside Lands. On Tuesday, AEG Presents announced The RE:Set concert series, a new festival unlike any other. 

This festival is a great way to promote artists big and small. RE:Set will take place in 12 cities across The U.S. region, including the Bay Area, according to SFGATE.

RE:Set will move away from festival norms — with multiple stages, and instead, each artist will perform on the same stage one after the other, according to sophomore Thea Pratt. 

“I think that it’s cool that there is only one stage,” Pratt said. “I like that people will be able to watch and appreciate all the artists instead of picking and choosing who they want to see,”

The festival headliners include boygenius, LCD Soundsystem, and Steve Lacy, according to Rolling Stone.
The festival will be held the weekend of June 2-4. It will be held at the Frost Amphitheater at Stanford —a fairly small venue that can hold up to 7,000 people according to Stanford.

“I have mixed opinions on how small the venue is,” freshman Lily Liao said. “I like how it feels personal, but I also think that it will be hard to fit everyone,” 

The festival will offer food and beverages to all attendees. There will also be options for VIP, which allows attendees to be closer to the stage and have more food and beverage options.

General Admission entry for one day is $99.50, while the VIP is $275. Similarly, The 3 day passes have General Admission and VIP. General Admission for 3 days is $250 and VIP is $650.

Many students at Convent & Stuart Hall, as well as people all around the Bay Area are excited for this festival,  according to freshman Adania Cooper. 

“I am very excited that Steve Lacy is playing,” Cooper said. “I am also excited about the other artists performing as well,” 

Pre Sale Registration is happening right now, and tickets go on sale on Feb. 10. The sale will last for about a week so that everyone gets a chance to buy tickets. 

“I am very excited about this concert series,” Pratt said. “I hope to attend or at least see videos of it.”