Soccer fans to receive free scarves at Thursday’s game

Fans+who+attend+the+varsity+soccer+game+on+Thursday%2C+Jan.+16+will+receive+free+rally+scarves.+The+scarves+read+Convent+on+one+side+and+Stuart+Hall+on+the+other.+

Nina Gutierrez

Fans who attend the varsity soccer game on Thursday, Jan. 16 will receive free rally scarves. The scarves read “Convent” on one side and “Stuart Hall” on the other.

Nina Gutierrez, Reporter

The first 200 attendees who come to support Convent’s varsity soccer game Thursday Jan. 16 will receive a rally scarf. Convent will be playing Drew School on Field #1 at Beach Chalet at 4 p.m.

“The athletic department has tried to start each season having a game to celebrate the fans coming and since soccer is in the winter, scarves are perfect for the cold and chilly weather,” coach Elena De Santis said. 

This will be Convent’s ninth game of the season and the Cubs’ first time playing Drew. 

“I am going to the game tomorrow so I can cheer my friends on and hopefully get Convent-branded scarf,” sophomore Bridget Mills said. 

“I think we will have a good number of fans out there,” De Santis said. “We are looking to bring out some tents keep people dry from the rain.”

The Beach Chalet Fields are accessible from the Broadway Campus by Muni by taking the 22 and the 5R.

“I’m pretty excited for the game tomorrow and I’m hoping the support will help us win,” sophomore Takouhi Asdorian said.