Seniors work on applications in college counseling class

Olivia Mohun

Seniors work in college counseling class. Seniors are required to attend college counseling on Monday or Tuesday of each week.

Olivia Mohun, Features Editor

WEB EXCLUSIVE Seniors filed into the Mother Williams Library during G and H periods today for their weekly college counseling session.

“Today in class I started working on a supplement for a school that I may be applying to depending on how my early admissions decisions play out,” senior Worth Taylor said. “I also made a to-do list of everything that I need to complete for the upcoming weeks.”

Applying to college can be overwhelming, according to senior Kate Ward.

“As a whole, this process has been strenuous and stressful,” Ward said. “It feels as if all the dedication I have put into my work over the past four years has been for college.”

Having a designated college counseling class allows seniors to focus on deadlines and supplements as well as ask College Counseling Director Rebecca Munda and College Counseling Associate Kelly Whalen any questions that they may have, according to Taylor.

“Ms. Munda and Ms. Whalen have been major support systems and have always been there for me,” Taylor said. “They really make it a priority to help students and I feel very comfortable with the college process because of that.”

Students can meet with Munda and Whalen at any part of the day to check in about their applications. 

“College counseling at Convent reinforces that yes, this process is long, but everyone will end up where they are supposed to go,” Ward said.