Seniors work on college applications

Seniors+Wellsley+Cohen+and+Natalia+Varni+work+on+college+applications+during+the+college+counseling+workshop.+They+specifically+focused+on+writing+their+supplemental+essays+today.+

Cassie Eskicioglu

Seniors Wellsley Cohen and Natalia Varni work on college applications during the college counseling workshop. They specifically focused on writing their supplemental essays today.

Cassie Eskicioglu, City Life Editor

WEB EXCLUSIVE Convent & Stuart Hall seniors participated in a college counseling workshop today designated specifically on college application work in Syufy Theatre.

“I think it is great that we get time to work in school on our college applications,” senior Amelia Estes said. “With volleyball and my job, it is nice to have some time set aside for college applications.”

Seniors spent the day focusing on supplemental essays for college applications. Students got to hear from an admission representative over Skype and receive advice on their supplements.

“I think there are very few schools that have so much designated work time for students to be together,” College Counseling Associate Kelly Whalen said. “I think there is a great collective energy having all the students together and a lot of positive momentum.”

With packed schedules and school obligations, it is hard for students to find time to complete college applications.

“Having an established period of time that students have just to work on supplements is really valuable because there is nothing else that is being prioritized at that time,” senior Wellsley Cohen said.

As application deadlines are approaching including early admission and early action deadlines on Oct. 15 and Nov. 1, seniors look forward to their remaining time at Convent.

“I am really excited to find out what college I will be spending the next four years of my life at,” Estes said. “The last four years at Convent have felt like a new home and I want to find that in my next school.”