Cubs set for game against the Red Devils

Sophomore+Cece+Mcquaid+raises+her+arms+as+she+tries+to+block+a+ball+pass.+The+team+played+todays+game+at+San+Francisco+University+High+School+before+a+home+game+this+Friday.+

Sophomore Cece Mcquaid raises her arms as she tries to block a ball pass. The team played today’s game at San Francisco University High School before a home game this Friday.

Olivia Mohun, City Life Editor

WEB EXCLUSIVE The varsity basketball team sported team gear today in preparation of their game against University High School this evening.

“This is a big game for our team,” junior Kiki Apple said. “There’s a lot of spirit and energy today and I’m really excited to get out on the court.”

Support from classmates and faculty at games is appreciated and effective, according to Apple.

“I’ve gotten a lot of encouragement around school today,” Apple said. “It’s always nice when our friends turn up to show school spirit and cheer the team on.”

This season is a time of adjustment, according to sophomore Jade Despanie said.

“We have high expectations to live up to because last year we made it to the final round of NCS,” Despanie said. “A few of our teammates graduated so we have had to adjust to the new team.”

The team will play against University tonight at 6 p.m. at San Francisco University High School.

“Our team has a really good dynamic and as our coach says, we have a lot of heart,” Apple said “I think that enthusiasm works to our advantage.”