New cafeteria service begins serving breakfast options

Mason Cooney

A Convent Elementary student waits for her sunny-side up eggs to be made during the cafeteria’s new breakfast service. Students and faculty can order and buy a variety of breakfast options before the school day starts.

Laura Mogannam, Senior Reporter

WEB EXCLUSIVE

SAGE Dining Services opened breakfast options for students to buy in the morning before the day begins for the first time this school year.

Daily breakfast options on the menu include eggs, potatoes, breakfast burritos and muffins. SAGE plans to add Belgian waffles to the menu.

“I got a breakfast burrito and a side of roasted potatoes, senior Jocey Shilakes said. “It was really good. I highly recommend it.”

The new service had fewer pastries and grab and go items available compared to last year’s cafeteria service according to sophomore Zoe Hinks.

“Today’s option was more of a savory breakfast,” Hinks said. “It didn’t look as good as last year because I don’t like things like eggs and potatoes for breakfast.”

The school asked the cafeteria to start breakfast today, according to Food Service Director Richard Legge.

“I believe it was because they wanted us to get our feet planted for lunch for the beginning of the new year,” Legge said. “With us being new, the school wants to make sure everything goes well for the students.”