Fire causes Broadway evacuation


Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Fire trucks respond to a pulled fire alarm in the Siboni building after witnesses smelled and saw smoke this evening. The electrical fire caused minimal damage and school will take place as scheduled tomorrow.

Fire trucks respond to a pulled fire alarm in the Siboni building after witnesses smelled and saw smoke this evening. The electrical fire caused minimal damage and school will take place as scheduled tomorrow.

Madison Riehle
Editor-in-Chief

An electrical fire caused in an evacuation of the Broadway campus this evening interrupting and cutting short several after school programs.

Fire trucks responded to a pulled fire alarm around 5:40 p.m. when multiple witnesses smelled and saw smoke on the lower floors of the Siboni Arts & Science Center.

“When we got here there was a lot of smoke that had filled the theater,” Lieutenant Ken Smith of the San Francisco Fire Department said. “There was no actual fire, since electrical fires are different. Once they get hot and start to burn, there is a different kind of smell that’s not actually a fire.”

The smoke in Siboni was caused by a blown circuit in the mechanics room above the theater, according to Smith.

“The fire department came in to identify the cause and to make sure it’s safe to go back into the buildings,” Jaime Dominguez, Head of Stuart Hall for Boys, said. “We are going to have people observe overnight to make sure nothing else happens.”

President Ann Marie Krejcarek said she expects classes will be held as normal tomorrow.

Fire trucks responded to a pulled fire alarm around 5:40 p.m. when multiple witnesses smelled and saw smoke on the lower floors of the Siboni Arts & Science Center.
“When we got here there was a lot of smoke that had filled the theater,” Lieutenant Ken Smith of the San Francisco Fire Department said. “There was no actual fire, since electrical fires are different. Once they get hot and start to burn, there is a different kind of smell that’s not actually a fire.”
The smoke in Siboni was caused by a blown circuit in the mechanics room above the theater, according to Smith.
“The fire department came in to identify the cause and to make sure it’s safe to go back into the buildings,” Jamie Dominguez, Head of Stuart Hall for Boys, said. “We are going to have people observe overnight to make sure nothing else happens.”
President Ann Maire Krejcarek said she expects classes will be held as normal tomorrow.
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story