Heidi Yeung
Heidi Yeung
Copy Editor
Coco Stenzler
Coco Stenzler
Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny

IB visual art presents: EMBODY

A new way of appreciating art and sports
Convent and Stuart Hall Athletics

Earlier this week, Convent and Stuart Hall hosted their first ‘Bigger Picture’ event, presenting artwork from International Baccalaureate students. This event took place on Monday, in the Herbert Center Mezzanine.

It displayed the artwork during the Convent Basketball game against San Domenico High School, according to junior Joelle Lai. This artwork is made by students in the International Baccalaureate Visual Arts course.

“I think that it was really cool that the event combined basketball and art,” Lai said. “This event was a great way to create more community within the school,”

At the same time, Convent’s varsity basketball team faced their opponent San Domenico High School. Despite the tough loss, the team worked well together and showed much improvement, according to sophomore Juliette Wu,

“Despite the tough loss and the hard work not being reflected on the final score,” said Wu. “The team’s camaraderie truly shined through,”

The theme for this event is called “Embody”, a visual celebration of ever evolving identities. One of the goals of this event is to share the unique identity and passions of students at Convent High School, according to Gina Domergue, Convent Basketball’s assistant coach.

“In addition to appreciating the art, it’s a great way to bring more people to our basketball games,” said Domergue. “Not only does this give support to our team, but also the artists who worked hard to make these pieces”,

For those who have not seen it, the artwork will remain around the mezzanine in the Herbert for the rest of the week. Another opportunity to view this art will be during Senior Night on Feb. 1 at 4:30 p.m., the team’s last game of the season, according to Joelle Lai.

“As an athlete on Convent’s basketball team, this event brings a unique mix of athletes and artists together to appreciate each other’s passion,” Lai said. “I can’t wait for the next event.”