Amrita Rajpal
Amrita Rajpal
Grace Warner
Grace Warner
Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny

Bring on the Lip-Sync

Teachers showed off their talents in preparation for the Epic Lip-Sync Battle
Fio

Community time today was spent in advisories in which students reflected upon the second week of the 2023-24 school year with a bit of a twist. Students and advisors planned submissions for the upcoming Epic Advisory Lip-Sync Battle after the faculty showcased their talents for students in Syufy Theater. 

The Lip-Sync Battle is a contest in which each advisory performs a brief choreographed performance to a song of their choice according to an email sent by Tony Farrell. Each advisory will perform their routine at chapel in the next few weeks, and the winner of this contest then performs again during the halftime of our Homecoming Football game. 

“I hope this new event becomes a tradition because I think this is a super fun idea,” said junior Annika Carpenter. “It will definitely be a little bit awkward at first but this will really help everybody bond together as advisories as well as grades,”

Convent & Stuart Hall students gathered in the Syufy Theater while the 2023-24 Student Council introduced themselves and shared important dates for the beginning of school, such as Homecoming on Sept. 30, and the first home games for fall sports. 

“The homecoming football game is on September 30 at 2pm,” said Senior and Convent Sports Representative Deirdre Kenny. “And on September 4, there is an opportunity to watch two of our Convent teams play. Our Field Hockey team plays locally at 4pm, and then our Volleyball team will play at 6:30 in the Convent gym. This is another great chance for the whole school to show their spirit and come together for all athletic teams. Especially with the special half time show it should be loads of fun,”

The Syufy Theater was packed with students ready to watch the faculty talent show, but this wasn’t just to show off the skills of our teachers. According to sophomore Mia Piscane, this was a great way to familiarize ourselves with this year’s faculty. 

“This was one of my first school assemblies because I transferred to Convent & Stuart Hall this year,” Piscane said. “This was a great opportunity for students to get to know all the teachers a little bit more and connect to them as well. I play guitar, so now I have something in common with a bunch of the teachers,” 

Today’s community time was a chance to get to know our new student council members as well as teachers. It also presented us with an opportunity to get closer with our advisories as well, according to Carpenter.

“I had a great time in community time today,” Carpenter said. “There’s a lot of things to look forward to and I’m excited for all the events that involve the entire school community.”