Grace Warner
Grace Warner
Coco Stenzler
Coco Stenzler
Sofia Kozlova
Sofia Kozlova

Fathers and daughters celebrate annual dance

Sara Kloepfer
A&E Editor

The Flood Mansion revisited the Roaring ’20s for the annual Father Daughter Dinner Dance Friday night, hosted by the Junior Class. Feathers and fedoras crowned the heads of daughters and fathers dancing to the swing music of Stompy Jones.

I decided to go with a ’20s theme because it had a wide range of fun decoration possibilities,” said Junior Class president Elena Dudum. “Also, I knew that it would be easy for girls to dress up in the spirit of the theme, like wearing flapper dresses and pearls.”

Guests posed for pictures next to an antique black Plymouth parked outside the Flood Mansion as they entered the dance.

“I like how they changed it up,” said junior Frankie Incerty. “Usually we take pictures with our dads inside and eat dinner downstairs near the cafeteria. This year we ate in the Main Hall, which just felt so much classier.”

After dinner, the men of Stompy Jones, clad in ’20s-style suits complete with high-waisted pants and short ties, began to play, prompting dads to pull their daughters out onto the dance floor. Opposite the dance floor in the Reception Room, guests could play at gaming tables or watch silent films projected onto the wall.

“I had never played craps or blackjack before the dance and it was a really fun bonding experience with my dad,” said sophomore Annie DeLancie.

Junior Lauren Arnold, dressed up for the 1920s-theme, dances with her father at the annual Father Daughter Dinner Dance. Stompy Jones played swing music throughout the evening.