Sophia Cuperstein
Sophia Cuperstein
Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny

Alumnae return for annual Noëls

Madeleine Denebeim and Makena House
Reporters

Elizabeth Goodman (’02) and Hildie Murray Sims (’98) catch up during the reception at Alumnae Noëls last night in the Main Hall.

The Main Hall was crowded last night with graduates reuniting for the Alumni Noëls, an annual reception and celebration concluding with singing French Christmas carols.

“I love Alumni Noëls” Alexandra Corral (’07) said. “It’s a nice way to remember during the holidays that Convent still is such an active part of your life even when you graduate.”

BASH, the CSH/CES alumnae association, planned and sponsored the the event which has evolved from a family gathering with children to an evening social. Last night’s event also honored Sister Ellen Hoffman, RSCJ, and CES teacher Marilyn Charm.

“Alumni Noëls is a wonderful opportunity for alumni to come back and remember the lovely music we all shared,” Meaghan Delahunty (’07) said.

Current students will gather in the Herbert Center to sing Noëls this Friday as a gift to the the president and heads of the four schools. High school language classes and each elementary school grade will sing its own Noëls.

“It’s another wonderful tradition that Convent of the Sacred Heart has,” Delahunty said, “It’s fun to think back and remember how important those traditions are.”