Winter Formal set up begins

Halie Kim

Dance attendees file into the Flood as they pay for entry. Winter Formal and Casino Royale were formerly two separate events that have combined this year.

Halie Kim, Reporter

Student council members hang red streamers and white and black balloons around casino tables in preparation for tonight’s Winter Formal at the Flood Mansion at 7 p.m.

Students are encouraged to arrive to the first formal dance of the year in red, white and black, in accordance to the Casino Royale theme.

“It seems fun and different,” sophomore Carlota Rubio said. “It’s not like just any other dance.”

The novelty and uniqueness of the dance has piqued the interest of students, according to Rubio. Winter Formal and Casino Night have been separate events in the past.

“The combination of the casino part is different,” Student Body Co-Activities Director Laurel Cinti said. “We’ve never done that before. They’ve always been separate nights.”  

By joining Casino Night and Winter Formal together, Student Council hopes to attract more students with varying interests, according to Student Body Vice President Willa Hegarty.

Hot chocolate and cream puffs will be provided in addition to casino games and a raffle with Amazon gift card prizes. Stuart Hall senior Jackson Rhodes will be the DJ.

“I’m predicting a lot of people will actually come out,” Cinti said. “We’re expecting 300. It might be a little hopeful, but about 250 went to Fright Knight, which has always been less than Winter Formal. I’m excited for it. I hope everyone goes.”