Ada Linde
Ada Linde
Coco Stenzler
Coco Stenzler
Elsie Scott
Elsie Scott
City Life Editor

Convent has Giants fever!

Senior Katie Carlson watches the fourth playoff game in the Center. Carlson posted a YouTube video of herself sobbing after watching the Giants win the pennant. Photo: ZOE NEWCOMB | the broadview

The Giants’ entry into the World Series is inspiring orange and black Giants-themed clothing around school and throughout the city as fans celebrate the team’s first World Series bid since 2002. The Giants need towin a minimum of four of seven games against the Texas Rangers to win the World Series.

Senior Katie Carlson (left) posted a YouTube video of herself sobbing after watching the Giants win the pennant.

Fans cheer on the Giants at AT&T Park during the playoffs against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Giants won the sixth game of the playoffs to secure a spot in the Series. KATIE CARLSON | special to the broadview
Fans cheer on the Giants at AT&T Park during the playoffs against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Giants won the sixth game of the playoffs to secure a spot in the Series. Photo: KATIE CARLSON | special to the broadview
Senior Sophie De Lancie watches the fourth playoff game in the Center. Students wore Giants gear as part of Spirit Week. Photo: ZOE NEWCOMB | the broadview
Fans pose for a picture in the stands at AT&T Park. “Fear the beard” references pitcher Brian Wilson’s signature black beard. Photo: KATIE CARLSON | special to the broadview