All high schoolers now eligible for vaccine

Pfizer Vaccines authorized for 12 to 15-year-olds

Mike Davis│WITH PERMISSION

Sophomore Sophia Davis receives her first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine on the Broadway campus. Convent’s vaccine appointments opened up to those of 12 and up after the CDC approval of it on May 12.

Amelia Froyd-Kamrath, Reporter

WEB EXCLUSIVE The Pfizer Vaccine is now available for people ages 12 and older, allowing all Convent High School students to be eligible for the vaccine. 

“I’ve been having vaccine FOMO since I’m younger than most people in my grade and they are all getting vaccinated,” sophomore Sophia Davis said. “I’m not only excited but thankful that I can get my shot now.”

As more people become fully vaccinated, there may be fewer concerns about cross contamination between cohorts creating the possibility of returning to in-person advisory, theater, and clubs next year, according to Head of School Tony Farrell.

“With Dr. Krejcarek in charge there was always a focus to be in-person,” Farrell said. “As more people get vaccinated, those activities look much more promising for the fall.” 

Many students hope this is the case after spending most of the year online, according to freshman Grace Glallagher.  

“I will definitely feel more comfortable after being vaccinated and hope that will open up more opportunities for school activities,” Glallagher said. “I’m looking forward to being able to do more.”

The school is offering Pfizer Vaccine appointments; and there are many other locations in San Francisco and around the Bay Area where everyone now including 12 though 15-year-olds can now get vaccinated. 

“If not for the Pfizer Vaccine getting approved for my age group I would have had to wait like over six months,” Davis said. “So I signed up to get vaccinated as soon as it was announced I could.”