Prom announcement excites students

Student body sends email confirming Prom

Student council announced that Prom will take place on May 22 at the Broadway campus. They will reveal the time and theme at a later date.

WEB EXCLUSIVE Between AP and IB exams, the halls will be filled with promposal posters and girls debating what dress to wear now that Student Council has announced Prom will take place on May 22

“I am shocked that Prom is happening because of COVID-19 but, I am definitely super excited to finally feel normal,” junior Elizabeth Mullen said. “I’m not too worried about COVID-19 because I know our school wouldn’t put us at risk.”

COVID-19 precautions such as restricting the prom to just the student body and no guest,  maintaining distance, wearing masks at all times and evidence of a negative test will be required in order to attend Prom.

“We want to be good citizens and be cautious because we are certainly not done with the pandemic yet,” Community Life Chair Paul Pryor Lorentz said. “It’s going to be quite different from our normal Prom, but hopefully it will be a fun occasion for the students to get dressed up and enjoy each other’s company.”

The theme and set time frame of the gala remain unknown to the student body,  however Student Council will continue to update the junior and senior classes with news as it makes decisions.

“As of right now, we haven’t concluded on any themes, festivities, or policies,” senior Lili Levy said, “We are looking forward to showing our classmates what we have prepared.”

Student council made an Instagram account where students can post their dresses, to help prevent people from wearing the same thing to the dance, according to Student Body President Tabitha Parent in a meeting.

“It’s definitely smart that they’re starting an Instagram account so people know who’s wearing what,” Mullen said. “I’m looking forward to Prom and I know it’ll be a great time.”