Dance ends Spirit Week

Cross-country+runners+wear+Convent+and+Stuart+Hall+themed+shirts+while+waiting+for+practice+to+start.+Todays+theme+for+Spirit+Week+was+Convent+and+Stuart+Hall.+

Grace Ainslie

Cross-country runners wear Convent and Stuart Hall themed shirts while waiting for practice to start. Today’s theme for Spirit Week was Convent and Stuart Hall.

Grace Ainslie, Assistant Sports Editor

Convent and Stuart Hall students wore themed dress this week as a part of Spirit Week leading up to Homecoming Weekend.

Each day of Spirit Week had a different theme; Monday was color day, Tuesday was decades day, Wednesday was pajama day, Thursday was full dress for Mass and Friday was school spirit.

“I thought that Spirit Week had a great use of different themes and we could see people’s different style of clothing,” junior Starr Hooper said.

Both junior varsity and varsity volleyball both beat Washington High School today, jv won 2-0 and varsity won 3-2.

Stuart Hall football has a game tomorrow versus Woodside Priory at 1 p.m., continuing the homecoming sports events. The game at Boxer Stadium is free for all attendees.

“I just love football,” Hooper said. “The football team only has two home games and this one is senior night so it’s really nice to show support whenever you can.”

Student body sold Homecoming long-sleeved shirts all week, and will sell them at the football game. Proceeds from the sale goes towards Congé and other student body planned events.

Admission is for the Homecoming dance is reduced from $15 to $10 if a Homecoming shirt was purchased.

Tomorrow evening after the football game, the dance will take place at the Broadway campus from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

“I would expect around 200 people, like half the school, maybe more,” Director of Student Life Devin DeMartini-Cooke said. “We haven’t had a Saturday dance that isn’t prom before so it could be a lot more which would be great so we’re prepared for more.”