Students go on day retreat

Freshmen, sophomores and juniors traveled to China Camp State Park in San Rafael for an unplugged retreat today.
Students and faculty broke into three sections based on advisory groups for team building activities and to see each other in a different way, according to Student Activities Coordinator Devin DeMartini Cooke.
“We really wanted to inspire the students to step out of their comfort zone,” DeMartini Cooke said. “So barbecuing and having lunch, really sharing that time together outside of school, was something we really wanted to do.”
Students were also given free time for playing pickup games of volleyball and softball along with hula hooping and socializing with each other.
“It was helpful because the freshmen got to know a little more of the sophomores and juniors and I got to know some people better just when throwing a frisbee,” freshman Charlotte Ogden Moore said.
The Senior Class traveled to Ashland, Oregon today, but all students also go on overnight class retreats annually in March.
“It’s different from the retreats in March because its shorter and it’s more of a focus on all of the classes coming together instead of having each class have their own retreat,” DeMartini

Juniors Bea D'Amico and Laurel Cinti go through a hula hoop for a team building activity.

Cooke said.

Sophomores hula hoop during free time at today's retreat at China Camp State Park in San Rafael.

Freshmen, sophomores and juniors traveled to China Camp State Park in San Rafael this morning for an unplugged retreat.

“It’s different from the retreats in March because its shorter and it’s more of a focus on all of the classes coming together instead of having each class have their own retreat,” DeMartini Cooke said.