Students perform French comedy for fall play

unknown

Julia-Rose Kibben/The Broadview

Julia-Rose Kibben, Design Editor

Julia-Rose Kibben
Reporter

Tartuffe, a French comedy by Moliére, will be performed by a coed cast this evening at 7 p.m. in the Syufy Theatre.
The production has a punk rock influence, which is incorporated into the hair styles, makeup, color scheme and music.
“It starts with Lady Gaga,” stage manager Natalie Helms said. “That’s a good sign.”
The cast of 28 has rehearsed for the past three months in preparation for it’s three show run.
“We have a variety of people acting and helping behind the scenes with the play process,” freshman ensemble member, Masha Kozlova said.
Shows are also on Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5.
“I’m excited for the punk rock twist,” English teacher Julia Arce said. “It makes it more modernized and relevant. It doesn’t detract from the meaning and it engages the audience.”

“Tartuffe,” a French comedy by Moliére, will be performed by a coed cast this evening at 7 p.m. in the Syufy Theatre.

“We have a variety of people acting and helping behind the scenes with the play process,”

freshman ensemble member, Masha Kozlova said.