• A

Ann StarkeJun 10, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I spent six years of my childhood at Menlo. From third through eighth grade I attended the Convent of the Sacred Heart and loved every minute of it. I regretted leaving after eighth grade but am delighted to report that I will be attending the 50th reunion in February of 2011.

I made lifelong friends at the convent, and have recently become reacquainted with more through facebook. I miss the traditions that were in place 50 years ago and am looking forward to talking into the night about Primes, conges, cache cache, the Palm Court, those endless practices and processions, the sublime nativity scene at the end of the first floor corridor, some of the nuns who were there, and a million memories.

I am so sorry that it has changed so much. But I have my memories, and many friends with which to share them.

Reply
  • G

Ginny McShaneMar 21, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I think joyously of my days at the Convent of the Sacred Heart. Mother Mardel was so special to be then, as she is now. I remember what an anchor my training and education at the Convent was. Those high school years are among the best years of my life.

My Convent training has helped me in my diverse roles as a Parent, teacher, fire commissioner, business woman and friend to many.

I am still best friends with Marilee Hearn. That’s fifty years of love and support. We often think back on memories which linger from those special teenage years. I don’t see Mother Mardel often but I hold her close to my heart.

Ginny McShane
    CSH, class of ’63

Reply
Activate Search
Retired Religious of the Sacred Heart actively continue devotion to justice and education