Sophia Cuperstein
Sophia Cuperstein

2024 prom tomorrow

Prom will be held at Webster Hall tomorrow
Sofia Kozlova
Junior Annania Sirak prom-poses to junior Thea Pratt with flowers, a sign, and Chipotle. This photo is also part of the school’s account for all of the prom-posal pictures.

Tomorrow night from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., prom will be held at Webster Hall SF. Tickets can be bought online for $75 dollars, and outside students are allowed as well, after filling out certain paperwork, including a guest policy form.

While most other schools have strictly senior prom, Convent and Stuart Hall’s prom welcomes both juniors and seniors, considering the smaller size of our school. This can also be a way for students of different grades to be able to become closer as well, according to junior Jesssica Kramer.

“I am excited to go to prom this year, and I am bringing some friends from outside school,”  Kramer said. “I also think the distinction that juniors wear short dresses and seniors wear long is nice,”

However, there is an 80% chance of rain for tomorrow, according to The Weather Channel, which might affect how some people might commute there. This means that students should prepare for at least light rain as well as colder weather (the temperature will decrease slightly towards the end of the night), according to freshman Ainsley Smith.

“I do think it’s sad that it will be raining tomorrow, especially if people don’t want their dresses to get wet,” Smith said. “But I’m sure the school will find a way to keep the outfits dry and still have an amazing prom,”

In preparation for prom, students have been orchestrating “prom-posals”, in which they ask each other out to the dance. These invitations are usually accompanied by large decorated signs and flowers, and are often photographed or recorded moments.

“There have been so many promposals around school recently, Kramer said. “I’ve seen many people give their dates not only flowers and large signs, but also food.”