Sophia Cuperstein
Sophia Cuperstein
Social Media Editor
Fiona Kenny
Fiona Kenny
Sports Editor
Sofia Kozlova
Sofia Kozlova
Web Editor

Student ambassador meeting

Students meet to discuss host and ambassador positions
Amrita Rajpal
Student ambassadors sit in the Williams Library waiting for their training to start. Two training sessions were held after F block today, one at Broadway and one at the Pine-Octavia campus.

Student ambassadors have been a tool that the admissions team has used to help the spread of information and student experiences during the admissions process. Prospective families have the chance to speak to these students at open houses and admissions fairs. 

“I became a student ambassador to be more involved in my school community here at Convent,” sophomore Julia McKinnon said. “My shadowing experience and interview process was a big part of me choosing to come to Convent and I want to give back,”

Freshman who would like to participate in being a student ambassador are assigned the job of being host students to the eighth graders that come to shadow. Shadows are available four days a week for prospective students to be able to experience a high school classroom setting. 

“While the admissions team can provide information about the school, families really want to hear from the students,” Assistant Director of Admissions Lauren Dominguez said. “When speaking about community life, global experiences, and the student body, our student ambassadors are best equipped to answer those questions as they live it day to day,”

Sophomores, juniors, and seniors who are student ambassadors are invited to help host open houses on both campuses, give tours, be student hosts, sit on panels, chair the question and answer session, and attend admissions fairs. 

“I chose to be a student ambassador because I have been at Convent since middle school and I know a lot about student life here,” junior Ella Andrzejek said. “I enjoy going to events and informing prospective students about Convent because it reminds me a lot of my own application process and how helpful everyone was,” 

To be a student ambassador, students fill out a form at the end of the school year for the next year detailing their extracurriculars and school involvement. Students are asked to share what clubs they are involved in, what leadership roles they have, and any sports they play, according to Andrzejek. 

“The training today definitely helped me prepare for being an ambassador and I really appreciated that Ms. Dominguez held it,” McKinnon said. “She went over a lot of possible questions and answers that were really helpful.”