Knights to quarterfinals

Black-out theme at Kezar Stadium

sacredsf.org

Senior Brock Bisaillon punts a ball. The men’s football team plays 8 V. 8 football in the NCS League.

Amrita Rajpal, Reporter

Tonight, the #1 Knights will take on #8 Round Valley at 7 p.m. at Kezar Stadium for the North Coast Section (NCS) quarterfinal football game. Students are encouraged to participate in a black-out spirit day at school and the game. 

“I really enjoy going to football games and supporting the team,” junior Frida Sophia Cruz said. “I enjoy being part of the cheer team as well so I get to help cheer for the team and bring as much school spirit as possible,” 

The Knights defeated South Fork on Nov. 4, and with this win and their 6-0 league record, the Knights are CMC League Champions, allowing them to advance to the quarterfinals, according to an email sent by the Athletics Director Dana Kuwahara. 

“Going to school games is super fun for me because there is so much positivity and excitement,” freshman Francesca Lauterbach said, “My brother is on the team as well so I get to go and cheer him on while hanging out with my friends,”

Students also have the opportunity to help out with game operations for service hours, and may do so by sending an email to Mr. Beleson. This is a great way to be involved with the game and get a good seat, according to an email sent by Community Life Chair Michael Buckley.

“Community events are important as they help to facilitate a sense of camaraderie between students outside of the classroom,” Buckley said. “Attending school games and dances are things that are exclusive to the highschool experience, so students should enjoy them while they can,”

All tickets for the game are sold through Go Fan, and all current students, faculty, and staff may show their school ID at the entrance, and the school will cover the cost of the ticket, according to an email sent by Kuwahara.

“It is great how the school community can come spend time together and be supportive of our football team,” Cruz said. “The Knights are a great team and it has been so fun attending their games.”