‘Serving’ senior night

Volleyball senior night commences

Players+reconvene+after+individual+speeches.+Every+athletics+team+has+a+senior+night%2C+including+field+hockey+and+football%2C+whose+senior+nights+are+on+Thursday+and+Saturday%2C+respectively.+

Players reconvene after individual speeches. Every athletics team has a senior night, including field hockey and football, whose senior nights are on Thursday and Saturday, respectively.

Charlotte Morris, Reporter

Varsity volleyball played their last home game on Friday against Marin Academy. Before the game, the team honored the senior players. 

The volleyball team will look very different without the seniors, but the school was excited to celebrate them at the game, according to freshman Abby Quigley. They brought spirit and love for the team, especially the senior players. 

“It’s a very bittersweet night for the seniors,” Quigley said. “The team won’t be the same, but it’s fun to celebrate all of the seniors and their hard work,”” 

The theme of the game was “red out.” Seniors requested the color to honor the school’s colors, as well as highlighting each of the fans in the crowd individually. 

“The volleyball team has a tight bond, so it was very bittersweet for everyone,” freshman Lily Liao said. “It is really sad to see people go, but it is sweet to celebrate them for it,” 

During the game, the team did many things to make sure the seniors had a very special and memorable last game, including individual speeches, flowers, and posters around the gym. Coaches also began the game with all of the seniors on the court — a senior night tradition.

“The six seniors started so that they could be spotlighted on the team,” Quigley said. “The rest of the team also made the seniors posters, and had speeches they said to tribute to their time on the team.”