College reps visit campus

Junior+Kate+Baker+and+senior+Ben+Ullyot+meet+with+a+representative+from+the+University+of+Chicago+in+the+gallery.+They+discussed+campus+life+and+the+application+process.+

Junior Kate Baker and senior Ben Ullyot meet with a representative from the University of Chicago in the gallery. They discussed campus life and the application process.

Grace O'Reilly, Senior Reporter

WEB EXCLUSIVE Five colleges visited campus to give upperclassmen an opportunity to learn more about the admissions process on Friday. The University of Denver, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Northeastern University, the University of Colorado at Boulder and Bard College all represented their schools at both campuses.
“I listened to a representative from the University of Chicago discuss a variety of topics such as courses offered, traditions, the application process, and much more and it was a great way to get introduced to the school,” junior Kate Baker said.
The college visit program is designed to help upperclassmen explore their college opportunities. The program is a way to learn about new colleges or familiar favorites and meet with college representatives versus going to the college itself.
“I believe this program truly helps students because it’s a great opportunity to learn more about the school and save a trip going to visit the campus in person,” College Counseling Associate Kelly Whalen said.
Each college visit lasts up to 30 minutes and includes a question-and-answer session for prospective applicants. The visits offer opportunities for conversation with a college representative who wants to share information about their school.
“It’s a great opportunity to meet a college representative especially if you have not been able to do a college campus visit but still want to learn about the school,” senior Michelle Wang said.
Both Convent & Stuart Hall have 183 colleges that visit campus this year. The variety of schools gives students the opportunity to learn about the various aspects of each college.
“These sessions are so valuable because you have the opportunity to talk to a representative with so much knowledge about the various programs and the social atmosphere,” Baker said.
There are 141 more colleges yet to visit the campuses. College visits will last until November 1.