Stuart Hall joins in CSH Mass, brunch tradition honoring Mater

A group of seniors sit with the significant women in their lives, eating brunch that was served after the Mass freshman planned with Celine Curran, Student Life Coordinator. This year’s fashion show was the first to feature clothing from Seconds-to-Go, the Schools of the Sacred Heart resale shop located on Fillmore Street. Freshman students modeled a selection of 10 looks. Photo: ZOE NEWCOMB | the broadview

ZOE NEWCOMB | the broadview A group of seniors sit with the significant women in their lives, eating brunch that was served after the Mass freshman planned with Celine Curran, Student Life Coordinator. This year’s fashion show was the first to feature clothing from Seconds-to-Go, the Schools of the Sacred Heart resale shop located on Fillmore Street. Freshman students modeled a selection of 10 looks.

The Freshmen Class hosted a Mass and brunch for CSH and SHHS students and their mothers Sunday morning to celebrate the Feast of Mater Admerabilis.

“This tradition is a wonderful way to bring the two schools together – both mothers and students in celebration of Mater,” Celine Curran, Director of Student Life, said of the 20-year tradition. “It highlights the heritage and strength of the Sacred Heart education.”
The event was organized by freshmen as a chance for the class to showcase their leadership abilities as well as school spirit and for families to come together as a community in celebration, according to Curran.
“Having the boys there really helped us come together as a community and pull off the event,” freshman Alice Jones said.
The morning began with a Mass held in the school’s chapel followed by a brunch including a fashion show in which freshmen from both schools modeled looks provided by Seconds to Go, the Convent and Stuart Hall resale shop.

Claire Fahy
Asst. Sports Editor